life of a liquidator

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Fashion State of Emergency

To all my New Orleans homegirls...I wish you and your family a safe drive and safe return. If you can't reach me on my cell please text me.

Hurricane season in the Big Easy is usually pretty familiar. You pack a few hot outfits, drive to Houston and shop for more hot outfits. Katrine is a little different. As I packed yesterday I found myself more focused on taking care of our business and staff that I didn't pack to not return to my favorite Prada shoes and Jimmy Choo boots. In fact I really didn't stop and dress to travel...let's put it this way - by the time I got to work I was sporting a fabulous black lace Loy and Ford tank with dark Serfontaine jeans cuffed to mid calf with 4" studded Prada wedges. I walked into the store, looked at the girls then looked at myself in the mirror. Leave it to me to make a fashion statement during a state of emergency without planning it.

Speaking of state of emergency...while watching the weather chanel one our fashion news guru's made a list of what to bring with you. In the middle of the statement was none other than a raincoat. What I'd like to know is who will be the brave soul to sport the raincoat during a catagory 5 hurricane? Will there be a fashion show between road advisories and the local weather? Maybe I should have brought my rainboots just in case.

I certainly don't want to make light of a very grave situation. We are all going to have a long storm ahead of us. Hopefully, as we creep in traffic, gas up our cars and board up our houses we can be thankful that there won't be any tickets given out by the fashion police.

10 Comments:

  • Hi Sam, It is Jennifer, I was watching some video footage online and it looks really bad. Where did you go? I am not sure when I will be able to get back. The clearview mall was underw water and so was Vets. I hope everything is all right and you made it out ok.
    Good Luck,
    Jennifer

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  

  • Hi Sam, just want to see what to do from here. I can be reached at bublishazz@gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

  • hellooo.. so, sam, how is it going? --it's chris-- as i am now a refugee with nothing to do but kill time, i finally have an opportunity to sit in front of my computer in the middle of the night and surf the net. gotta love wireless. munchkins asleep, i venture into fema...red cross...email.. then onto more fun things..life of a liquidator. and, i'm not at all surprised that you were able to unintentionally make a fashion statement within 24 hrs of the greatest natural disaster in american history. nope, not surprised at all.
    see you soon, hopefully..

    chris..and erika

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • it might be too soon to be asking this, but i was wondering if anyone got to see what happened to UAL--if and how bad it was damaged. are there plans to reopen in the near or distant future?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

  • Hey Sam,
    It's Mimi. I'm in Austin, TX and I was just curious on any updates regarding UAL and reopening. I also wanted to see how and where you were. So my e-mail is mims06@cox.net. E-mail me, if you have time!
    Thanks,
    Mimi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • Hey Sam,
    Its Mimi again and I was wondering if you needed any help cleaning or organizing. I am back in the city. The first place I went was UAL. So if you want my help, I would seriously love to. Call my cell phone or email me mims06@aol.com my cox adress is being funky.
    Thanks,
    Mimi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I like the title of Fashion State of Emergency I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

    I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

    I've got a new site up which might to be of interest to some. I run a real penis enlargement related site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • life of a liquid or,

    I saw your post, Fashion State of Emergency,
    regarding Fashion .

    You are welcome to place a link to
    your blog or website on our high
    traffic website for free. See:

    http://www.quickregister.net/infowizards


    We have a specific category for Fashion .
    Your listing will be indexed in the search
    engines under Fashion . It will
    also be a permanent link.

    Thank you,

    John,

    http://www.quickregister.net
    Free Search Engine Submission Service.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 AM  

  • Hi !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ugilabag.freewebsitehosting.com/utybevir.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • Gоod pοst. I learn ѕomething totally nеw аnd challenging on
    ѕіtes I stumbleupon every day.
    Ӏt's always helpful to read content from other writers and use something from other websites.

    my web site - Lloyd Irvin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home