life of a liquidator

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

People vs. The Economist...

The first time I remember flying I was three. My parents never had the opportunity to go on a honeymoon until then and lucky for me I got to go. I'll never forget peering out the window and seeing the ocean from miles high and wishing I could grab the clouds and eat them. My whole life I imagined my life as it is now. Waking in the morning and going to work only to turn around, pack and fly to see a deal. Gone are the fun days of travel. Last month I flew eight times only to waste ten hours in the airport, and don't even get me started about airport security. It's hard for a type A, multitasker to be confined to one place for more than five minutes. Don't get me wrong. It's a great time to read and since I'm in the fashion industry I read every last magazine. My favorites are Vanity Fair, Lucky, Teen People, Teen Vogue and if you can believe it The Economist. It's fun to sit next to people on the plane and watch them pretend not to be perplexed after I read People and then pull out The Economist. O.K. I can't leave airport security alone. Please explain to me why every airport has their own set of rules? Take off your shoes, don't take off your shoes, put everything in the grey tray, lay it flat on the belt, hold on to your boarding pass but noone looks at it - or if you're halfway cute they'll look at you and nod - does that count as profiling? How about keys? Every time I go to JFK my keys are confiscated. Why? They fold inside and when you press the button it flies out like a knife. ( God help me to remember to leave the keys out when I fly to New York this weekend. ) I guess I just needed to take a moment and vent because I will live in airports for the next month. My best advise to those wishing to become world travelers...make a lot of money and buy a jet. Until then it's my Mac, Razr and how can I forget my IPod!! What's bad?

1 Comments:

  • Wow, I am so glad that I found your blog. We have been wondering if UAL would ever open again. While on our evacuation journey some of my fashionista friends and I regreted that we did not buy more clothes at UAL. One of my friends lost her entire "collection of UAL pieces" in her Gentilly home. While in NYC shopping, I realized how great the designers and prices were at UAL and that you are my favorite store.
    We will try to come to the sale in MS. will you have any clothes for men?

    By Blogger lura belle productions, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home